Okay… Maybe I’m a little too excited for this. There’s just something about the Peter Jackson take on Middle Earth that really speaks to me! I want to go live in The Shire, and drink ale and smoke pipeweed at the Green Dragon with various Tooks and Brandybucks. I want trade stories about Dwarves and the affairs of Wizards. And I want to, every now and then, step outside my door and be swept away on an adventure! The road goes ever, ever on…
Anyway, the new trailer for the next film, The Desolation of Smaug, has been released. It looks fantastic! The middle chapter of The Hobbit is sure to be exciting. You should watch it for yourself (video after the cut), but here’s my takeaway:
- We get to see the resurrection of Sauron
- We get Beorn
- We get to watch Thorin succumb to his greed and the tension among the dwarves.
- There’s a romantic sub-plot between Legolas and that hot chick from Lost – whatevs
- Bilbo is going to become a great character
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug is just as awesome as we expect!
- Bard the bowman will also be bad ass.
- I really can’t wait to see the Battle of Five Armies in the final film… :’-(
Take a look at the trailer here and let me know what you think!